Public Adjusters for Flood Damage
According to the National Weather Service, on average, flooding causes more than $3.5 billion per year in total flood insurance claims.
Floods can arrive instantly, pouring into homes and buildings with contaminants picked up along the way. Even if you are not in a floodplain, your facilities are vulnerable. The types of damage can vary, as well as their severity. As you deal with the chaotic aftermath, you will now also have to secure the funds for recovery. Will it come from insurance? Will it be enough? How will you know?
Our public adjusters have expertly managed claims for every type of disaster at the regional, state, and national levels. We are called upon by communities, non-profits, and government organizations for our unique ability to mobilize a top team of professionals who have the unmatched experience and comprehensive understanding of the laws, regulations, and policies involving disaster recovery. This enables us to consistently coordinate and obtain the maximum reimbursement for our clients so that they may recover sooner.
What To Focus On After Flood Damage
Why should the county, city, town, or district optimize its claim?
Do we have a commitment to taxpayers to recover the most possible?
What if the insurance company engages a building consultant?
What is my agent/broker’s role?
Will my code upgrade coverage address all my code related issues? ADA, fire codes, etc.?
Is there coinsurance in my policy?
Do we need to issue an RFP in order to engage your services?
Who in our county, city, town, or district will be involved in making the decision to hire us?
Is your claim a result of an event that may be funded by FEMA? If so, it is your obligation to first maximize your insurance settlement to satisfy FEMA’s eligibility requirements.
Why can’t we do it ourselves?
What emergency facilities are necessary to continue operations?
Can temporary facilities still be used at the end of the claim and be considered permanent? If so, how?
How do existing plans for renovations or enhancements affect my claim?
What building codes and regulations must be considered in the reconstruction?
How do bond cycles affect the full replacement cost holdback provisions of a policy?
How Our Public Adjusters Help You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Government & Non-Profits Our Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- 1st Missionary Baptist Church - Inkster, MI
- A. J. Maggio Company - Beloit, IL
- Ab and Tom’s Autocare - Warsaw, IN
- The Abode Furniture Store - Farmington Hills, MI
- Abtrex Industries, Inc. - South Bend, IN
- Ace-Tex Corporation - Detroit, MI
- Adat Shalom Synagogue - Farmington Hills, MI
- Adrian Skatery II - Adrian, MI
- Advanced Environmental - Allentown, PA
- Affordable Housing Inc. - Berkley, MI
- Aft-Mar Industries, Inc. - Schwartz Creek, MI
- Agri Star Meat & Poultry LLC - Postville, IA
- Al Wissam, Inc. - Detroit, MI
- Albert Moore III - Dearborn Heights, MI
- Alice Fish - Grand Rapids, MI
- All American Container - Warren, MI
- Alliant Commercial Realty - Woodland Hills, CA
- Altman Development - Miami, FL
- American Integrated Technologies - Madison Heights, MI
- The American Legion Department of Illinois Post #1080 - Joliet, IL
- American Steel Corp. - Detroit, MI
- Amerihost Inn - Marshall, MI
- AMG Realty Group LLC. - Skokie, IL
- Amtec Precision Products - Elgin, IL
I also want to thank Adjusters International (AI) for the outstanding service that was provided to CORSA and Putnam County after the August 2007 flood. ...The assistance provided by the AI team saved a lot of valuable county staff time in expediting the request for assistance, and their expertise significantly increased the amount of recovery that was received from FEMA.I would recommend the services provided by AI to any entity who is attempting to expedite receiving the maximum public assistance that is available from FEMA after a disaster.David W. Brooks, CPCUManaging Director - County Risk Sharing Authority/County Commissioners Association of Ohio
During the past three years Adjusters International has provided our city with excellent support in the areas of grant writing, mitigation, reporting, liaison assistance with both federal and state officials, and logistical support for reporting deadlines.Their work has been a major factor in our recovery success, helping us to recover from that devastating flood and to deal with the often complex and difficult FEMA recovery process.I can confidently recommend Adjusters International as a solid and reputable contractor, and experts in their field.Ralph HendricksCity Manager - City of Marble Falls, Texas
For decades, L’Auberge Chez François has been one of the leading restaurants in the metro Washington, D.C., area. Known for its exceptional French cuisine and impressive service, the restaurant is a longtime favorite of Washingtonians celebrating anniversaries, birthdays or other special occasions.
A magnitude 6.8 earthquake, called Nisqually in seismic circles, rocked Seattle, Washington, in 2001 and severely damaged the Starbucks corporate headquarters building.
Super Typhoon Paka, as the storm came to be called, was a 12-hour session of destruction for the island of Guam. Stirring up winds in excess of 200 miles per hour, the tropical cyclone tossed buildings, planes and ships across the island like discarded toys. Among these was the headquarters of Continental Micronesia, a subsidiary of Continental Airlines. The main offices, the marketing buildings and the planes were damaged by the powerful typhoon.