Public Adjusters for Commercial Fire Damage
According to the National Fire Protection Association, business owners and organizations suffer $2.3 billion in commercial and industrial property losses each year.
Fire claims are especially complex for the different types of property damage they cause, all of which have to be documented and proven to your insurance company. For example, fire can create serious damage from smoke, burning residue, and corrosive substances released in the flames. There can also be substantial water damage from the effort to extinguish the blaze. In the aftermath, your property and valuables may be exposed to the elements and become more damaged if not addressed immediately. As the policyholder, it is your responsibility to minimize the property damage while you focus on keeping your business running. Do you also have the time to handle your insurance claim?
Your insurance company may present an offer they think is sufficient based on their own property damage assessment. How can you validate the offer you received? If you think you have received significantly less than you deserve, did you know you have the right to get help to maximize your commercial fire insurance claim payout?
Our licensed public insurance adjusters from Globe Midwest are backed by a 94-year track record of successfully helping policyholders in Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, and throughout the Midwest collect every dollar they’re entitled to under the terms of their commercial property insurance policies.
We know the process, the policies, the pitfalls, the players, and how to use your commercial insurance coverages to your greatest advantage. With Globe Midwest public adjusters on your side, no one stands in the way of your maximum financial recovery.
What To Focus On After Fire Damage
How much of my time will this take?
What is pressurized smoke?
What is my agent/broker’s role?
The insurance company hired a construction estimator. What do I need to know?
Why is a claim strategy so important?
Am I impacted by coinsurance?
Can smoke damage be removed/neutralized?
How can you identify/document items that are totally destroyed?
Your insurance company pays less if you clean/restore as much of your equipment and improvements as possible. Is that a good idea?
How do the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your machinery? Your computers, equipment, and other electronics?
If water used in suppressing the fire causes mold and fungus, is the ensuing damage covered?
Asbestos, lead, and other hazardous materials can have a major impact on your claim. Are you aware of how to properly address these in order to prepare your claim and to avoid future liability issues? Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. You want to make sure to not cut corners when addressing this issue. You want to make sure to not cut corners when addressing this issue.
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire. How does your insurance policy address code coverage? Also, what about any Green building upgrades? Checking the correct building codes before you prepare your claim is critical.
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant? What is his/her role? Why can’t your accountant just prepare your claim? You will have to produce your financial statements and possibly your tax return. You may need to recast your financial statements? If so, why? What are extra expenses? What can be included?
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
Property Damage Losses Commercial Claims Recovery Process
How Globe Midwest Helps You
- Evaluate Fully reviewing your insurance coverage.
- Strategy Developing a claim management strategy.
- Compliance Determining policy compliance issues.
- Valuations Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses.
- Interruption Formulating business interruption models.
- Itemization Presenting and supporting an itemized claim package to your insurer.
- Negotiation Negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company.
- Communication Keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Settlement Ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Industries Globe Midwest Public Adjusters Have Helped
Client References & Testimonials
- Abtrex Industries, Inc. - South Bend, IN
- Agri Star Meat & Poultry LLC - Postville, IA
- Alliant Commercial Realty - Woodland Hills, CA
- The American Legion Department of Illinois Post #1080 - Joliet, IL
- Amway Corporation - Grand Rapids, MI
- Attorney Gary Franke - Cincinnati , OH
- AutoLign Manufacturing Group - Milan, MI
- Back to Woodlands Supper Club - Birchwood, WI
- Barn Stormer - Whitmore Lake, MI
- Bay Valley Resort - Bay City, MI
- Brew's Brothers, Inc. dba Crow's Nest Bar - Canton, MI
- Bridgman Michigan LLC - Buchanan, MI
- Broadway Motel - Des Moines, IA
- Burton-Katzman Development Company - Bingham Farms, MI
- Curt A. Benson, PC - Grand Rapids, MI
- Demarco and Sage, PC - Troy, MI
- Detroit Baptist Temple - Detroit, MI
- Detroit Jewish News, LLC - Southfield, MI
- Don Scharf Automotive, Inc. - Eagle River, WI
- The Forbes Company - Southfield, MI
- Forge Tool & Die Corp., Inc. - Farmington, MI
- Gardner-White Furniture - Warren, MI
- Gerald Tuchow Attorney at Law - Bloomfield, MI
- Gremor Motor Inns - Benton Harbor, MI
Certainly the tragedy of the World Trade Center explosion will remain etched in our memories forever. We can, however, take pride in the united response of hundreds of people which enabled the complex to be reopened in record time and reconstructed on an expedited schedule. At the same time, as you well know, we were involved in a long, sometimes agonizing process of pursuing settlement activities with insurers. Without your help, and the help of many others the settlement wouldn't have been concluded as successfully as it was. On behalf of The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, I would like to thank you for the expert advice you provided to me and my staff in our effort to bring the World Trade Center explosion insurance claim to closure. Your expertise and insight in this long and arduous negotiation were invaluable.Bruce D. BohlenTreasurer - The Port Authority of NY & NJ, New York, NY
The persistence of the AI team as our advocate allowed us to work through the maze of paperwork required by the carrier and to expedite resolution of our claim. AI personnel were always available to meet with my staff, whether it was during business hours, late at night, or at any time during any weekend. On every occasion that the insurance company brought in an additional "expert" to minimize our claim and drag the claim process out, you countered with an AI professional who was more than able to level the playing field for us.Bruce ThompsonPresident - Professional Hospitality Resources, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA
For decades, L’Auberge Chez François has been one of the leading restaurants in the metro Washington, D.C., area. Known for its exceptional French cuisine and impressive service, the restaurant is a longtime favorite of Washingtonians celebrating anniversaries, birthdays or other special occasions.
A magnitude 6.8 earthquake, called Nisqually in seismic circles, rocked Seattle, Washington, in 2001 and severely damaged the Starbucks corporate headquarters building.
Super Typhoon Paka, as the storm came to be called, was a 12-hour session of destruction for the island of Guam. Stirring up winds in excess of 200 miles per hour, the tropical cyclone tossed buildings, planes and ships across the island like discarded toys. Among these was the headquarters of Continental Micronesia, a subsidiary of Continental Airlines. The main offices, the marketing buildings and the planes were damaged by the powerful typhoon.