I would like to thank you and Globe for the work you did on our behalf, following the terrible fire that destroyed our restaurant. I had no idea how much research, documentation and negotiation would be involved in seeking and reaching a just settlement from the insurersbut I have one now. Just thinking of how I might have attempted this effort on my own gives me real pause, because I really don't think I could have done it. Without doubt, I would not have achieved the numbers that you were able to deliver. I simply wouldn't have known how. ...
Insurance Claim Services For Restaurateurs
When you’ve worked hard to make your restaurant a success, suffering insured property damage shouldn’t threaten your future. Your commercial property insurance claim is supposed to make you whole — and our public insurance adjusters make sure no one stands in the way of your maximum financial recovery.
If you’ve suffered commercial property damage from fire, water, wind or another disastrous event, you do NOT have to deal with commercial insurance claim delays, denials, or low-ball offers.
Call in the public adjusters at Globe Midwest Adjusters International. We have a 94-year track record of successfully helping policyholders collect every dollar they’re entitled to under the terms of their commercial property insurance.
Trusting your insurance company to pay you everything you’re entitled to for your commercial property insurance claim is like trusting the IRS to do your taxes. It’s not a risk you have to take.
Much like you’d consult a CPA for complex tax matters, or an attorney for complex legal matters, our public insurance adjusters are licensed professionals who work exclusively for you when you need the highest payout for your insurance claim settlement.
If you’re being treated unfairly settling your commercial property insurance claim, Globe Midwest Adjusters International tips the scale back in your favor.
While Globe Midwest concentrates on the details of your property and business income claim, you are free to devote full-time attention to serving your customers and getting your business back up and running.
How We Can Help
The More You Know, The Better The Results.
- Settlement We will negotiate the best possible settlement.
- Peace of Mind We can help you get back to your lives, family, and business sooner.
- Administration We cover every part in preparing and settling your claim.
- Team A team of experts on your side.
Restaurant / Tavern
Factors To Consider
Insurance companies frequently use independent building and equipment consultants on large claims to prepare a bid.
- Who are these consultants?
- Who are they working for?
- Do they only work for insurance companies? Why should this be a red flag?
How do the smoke and the water used to fight the fire affect your equipment? Your computers and other electronics?
Is there coinsurance in your policy?
- If there is, what does it mean?
- If there is, did your insurance company’s adjuster tell you? If not, why not?
- How is coinsurance calculated on replacement cost? On actual cash value?
- Properly managing coinsurance can prevent disaster. Not properly managing coinsurance can put you out of business!
Hazardous materials such as asbestos and lead can be expensive to address. Make sure your insurance carrier does not cut corners when addressing this issue.
What happens when the insurance company engages a forensic accountant?
- What is his/her role?
- Why can’t you just have your accountant prepare your claim?
- What is the harm in sharing your financial statements?
- Are you required to produce your tax returns?
- Can you recast your financial statements? If so, why?
How are tips treated? Are they considered continuing payroll?
What are expediting expenses? How do they differ from extra expenses?
You own multiple restaurants in a geographic area and sales go up at other locations as a result of the fire. Does the insurance company get credit?
What is your broker or agent’s role?
- Will he/she be adjusting the claim?
- How many claims has he/she handled?
- Will his/her role be active or passive?
- When faced with supporting your position or the insurance company’s, where will he/she stand?
Replacing versus replacing equipment. Pros and cons.
Code Upgrade coverage is very important when rebuilding after a fire.
- How does your coverage address codes?
- If your coverage is limited, is there anything you can do about it?
Temporary locations? What happens at the end of your claim?
Warranties and Protective Safeguard Requirements.
- What do they mean?
- What if you are not in full compliance?
- Can you still collect?
What are the extra expenses? What can be included?
Title 24 and handicap bathrooms, bars, seating and dance floors. What does it mean to you? Your claim?
How do you project lost sales? Sales declines?
Can you continue to pay your employees?
- “Ordinary” employees versus “key” employees. How do they get identified? What is covered?
Restaurant / Tavern Client References
- Appeteaser, Inc. - Milford, MI
- Back to Woodlands Supper Club - Birchwood, WI
- Beaver Inn - Indian River, MI
- Bil-Mar Foods, Inc. - Zeeland, MI
- Bobby Moore's Blind Fish - St. Clair, MI
- Brew's Brothers, Inc. dba Crow's Nest Bar - Canton, MI
- C.J. Barrymore's - Mt. Clemens, MI
- Canton Coney Island - Canton, MI
- Charbonneau Family - West Branch, MI
- Chicago Beef Co. - Detroit, MI
- City Heat - Detroit, MI
- Cold Creek Inn - Buelah, MI
- Country Inn - Fountain, MI
- Detroit Bagel Factory - Bloomfield Hills, MI
- El Farolete Restaurant - Saginaw, MI
- F.D. Stella Products Co. - Detroit, MI
- Flying Machine - Harper Woods, MI
- Giovanni's Ristorante - Detroit, MI
- Goldstar Equipment - Oak Park, MI
- Holland Rendering Co. - Hamilton, MI
- Hoopestan Family Restaurant - Hoopestan, IL
- Jimmy Dimitris Taverna - Mt. Clemens, MI
- Kabuki, Inc. - Farmington Hills, MI
- Lelli's Inn - Detroit, MI
- Luigi's Restaurant and Lounge ,
- Maxon Manor Inc. - Oregon, IL
- Mico's Restaurant - Alden, MI
- Mr. B's Southfield, Inc. - Royal Oak, MI
- Muskegon Fish Fry - Muskegon, MI
- Nugget Restaurant - Howell, MI
- Olga's Kitchen - Southfield, MI
- Oxford Inn - Novi, MI
- Prime Quarter Steakhouse - Ashwaubenon, IL
- Sailor's Rest Inn - Ludington, MI
- Savoy Bar - Sault St. Marie, MI
- Shamrock Lounge - Brighton, MI
- Steinhause Eatery & Pub - Ft. Wayne, IN
- Whiffle Tree, Inc. - Ann Arbor, MI
- White Star Cafe - Hamtramck, MI
- The Whitney - Detroit, MI